EE-WES Course Description
- Very good command of at least one programming language
- Familiarity with an object oriented programming language through object inheritance
- Familiarity with C or C++
- Correct HTML Code, correct use of frames
- XML technology
- Introduction to programming in Java for C/C++ programmers
- Java for engineering applications:
- Error handling with exceptions
- GUI development
- Event-driven programming
- Internet connections with sockets
- Internet Protocols and client-server programming using Java
- daytime, echo, datasink, chargen protocols
- SMTP and POP3 protocols
- HTTP protocol
- Custom protocols
- UDP, multicasting (and otpional RMI)
- Introduction to PERL
- Engineering data management with PERL
- Regular expressions
- CGI programming with PERL (or other language of your own choice)
- CGI scripts with PERL
- Interfacing to legacy engineering applications
- Active Server Pages with PHP
- Server side scripting
- PHP and build in CGI libraries
- The students write approximately 6 Java programs of medium to high complexity. Each assignment will deal with different aspects of Java language with minimum amount of repeatition.
- The students write approximately 6 simple to medium PERL programs, including at least one CGI script in PERL.
- In the future courses: one simple Active Server Page Web page system.
- 1 Complex program in Java, PERL or CGI script as final project. Individually assigned.